Back-end wizard developer needed
Do you talk to computers like Gandalf talks to Eagles? Are you a fully-fledged, dot-net dark lord? Could your code survive the fires of Mount Doom? If so, we need your bow… and your axe … and … (last LOTR reference, we promise). Read on and let’s get serious …
We’re looking for a kick ass, passionate, verging on obsessive and meticulous developer who loves their craft.
ID are growing, evolving and expanding our services across the board. We’ve been beavering away, transforming from a more traditional digital agency into a full-service creative agency with digital in its DNA and we’re looking for a new breed of ID superstars to help us complete that transformation. This is a revolutionary and exciting time to be joining Team ID.
You’ll be working with a talented team of creatives, designers, thinkers, writers, techs, marketeers, project and account managers and be a crucial part of our ever growing technical and creative offering.
You’ll work with projects teams to support devising and contributing to technical solutions, building websites, online applications and digital solutions according to client requirements and internal specification. You’ll also be another technically creative mind within the agency – feeding in to various types and projects, opportunities, campaigns, pitches and pro-actives initiatives and ideas.
You will be passionate about technology, the internet and the evolution of technology with a passion to drive the agency forward technically.
^ Rock the go live tunes
We’re looking for someone to:
- Define and build .Net, predominantly Umbraco, solutions that are of a high technical standard
- Work to a high level or specific technical brief providing creative & innovative technical solutions to meet the requirements of the brief
- Produce technical solution definitions that meet client requirements
- Provide input & leadership across the full project life-cycle, at times guiding the solution from concept through post implementation support
- Refine, maintain and evolve our base build solution
- We have dedicated support staff, but you will carry out support tasks at times to support existing websites
- Have seriously strong communication skills – You are part of a team and will be expected to collaborate, be proactive, constantly communicate and offer up your opinion as much as possible
- Have a good sense of humour – Robots need not apply
- Love what you do – Any job at our agency requires that you care about what you do. If you don’t, you probably shouldn’t be doing it
- Be flexible – We’re flexible and we’d expect the same from you from time to time. We do not run a sweat shop and we don’t encourage long hours, but we are an agency and there are times when we have deadlines or pitches where we’d require a team effort to get us over the line
- Be a problem solver
- Be comfortable working in an agile(ish) team environment.
- Be self-motivated – A can-do attitude and enthusiasm for all things digital will get you far
- Challenge the status quo – We have a dynamic environment where we are always looking for better ways to do things and innovate. “That’s just the way we do things” doesn’t fly here
- Be able to work to strict deadlines – Often, our clients are working to tight deadlines which means we have to too. We expect our team to be able to deliver high quality work, on budget, on time.
- C# / ASP.NET MVC 5
- Strong knowledge of Umbraco v4.x – v7.x
- Strong project scoping, task breakdown & time / cost estimating skills
- Working knowledge of front-end technologies
- A working knowledge of (or interest in) React would be advantageous
- Care about quality and bug free code
- SQL Server / Relational databases
- Experience with RESTful APIs / JSON and legacy APIs / webservices / XML
- Source control / Bitbucket / etc.
We’re an ever-evolving creative collective so extra skills get bonus points. Drone pilot? Tech tinkerer? Photographer? Animator? Illustrator? We’d love to hear about what you do when you’re not coding.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer an excellent culture and ace agency benefits, which include:
- Profit share
- Performance related bonus scheme
- A generous enhanced pension contribution
- Private medical cover
- Monthly desk massage (from our corporate massage therapist)
- Flexible working
- Bonus holiday on your birthday
- Training / book allowance
- Access to excellent coffee, our sweetie jars and a well-stocked beer fridge
- Friday breakfast rolls on us
- Endless supply of Tunnock’s and Irn Bru
This is a full-time, permanent role. You’ll be based in our Glasgow Bath Street office. To apply please send your CV, a nice covering letter, and your portfolio or examples of your work to email@example.com with ‘Back end wizard developer’ in the subject line by 10th December 2018.
We look forward to meeting you!
If this role doesn’t float your boat, check out our other vacancies: