Front-end coding ninja needed
Are you the deadliest, bad-ass front end coding ninja whose code wipes the absolute floor with everyone? If Chuck Norris could code, could he out-code you? If he couldn’t, then read on and lets get bit more serious…
We’re looking for a kick ass, passionate, creative, verging on obsessive and meticulous front-end developer who loves their craft.
ID are growing, evolving and expanding our services across the board. We’re transforming into a full-service creative agency, with digital in its DNA and we’re looking for a new breed of awesome agency peeps to join us. This is a revolutionary and exciting time to be joining Team ID.
You’ll be working with an awesome team of marketeers, creatives, designers, thinkers, writers, techs, project and account managers and be a crucial part of our ever growing technical and creative teams.
You’ll work with projects teams, not only to provide strong digital design / UX / UI and front-end development expertise to support the build of websites, online applications, campaign pages and digital solutions but you’ll also be another creative mind within the agency – feeding in to various types of projects, campaigns, pitches and pro-actives.
^ pass your sacred code to our back end wizards
We’re looking for someone to:
- Be our front-end lead, own and evolve a bleeding edge front-end framework and remain at the forefront of all front-end technologies
- Make sure that all of our websites deliver an engaging user experience
- Work as part of a team to help devise, plan and deliver solutions
- Work to a high level or specific technical brief providing creative & innovative UX / front end solutions to meet the requirements of the brief
- Provide input & leadership across the full project life-cycle, at times guiding the solution from concept through to post implementation support
- Carry out support tasks at times to support existing websites
- Have seriously strong communication skills – You are part of a team and will be expected to collaborate, be proactive, constantly communicate and offer up your opinion as much as possible
- Have a good sense of humour – Robots need not apply
- Love what you do – Any job at our agency requires that you care about what you do. If you don’t, you probably shouldn’t be doing it
- Be flexible – We’re flexible and we’d expect the same from you from time to time. We do not run a sweat shop and we don’t encourage long hours, but we are an agency and there are times when we have deadlines or pitches where we’d require a team effort to get us over the line
- Be a problem solver
- Be self-motivated – A can-do attitude and enthusiasm for all things digital will get you far
- Challenge the status quo – We have a dynamic environment where we are always looking for better ways to do things and innovate. “That’s just the way we do things” doesn’t fly here
- Be a strong team player who can effectively influence and motivate project teams in a positive manner and able to build respect and trust from colleagues and clients alike
- Project scoping, task breakdown & estimating
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- A passion and care for creating fast loading pages optimised for speed
- Strong knowledge and champion of SEO optimised pages
- Strong knowledge and adherence to accessibility guidelines
- Strong knowledge of Sass & Gulp (or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of BEM methodology
- Care about quality and bug free code
- A working knowledge of, or interest in, React would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of working in Umbraco would be advantageous
- Source control / Bitbucket / etc.
We’re an ever evolving creative collective, so extra skills get bonus points. Script writer? Videographer? Journalist? We’d love to hear about what you get up to when you’re not HTML-ing.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer an excellent culture and ace agency benefits, which include:
- Profit share
- Performance related bonus scheme
- A generous enhanced pension contribution
- Private medical cover
- Monthly desk massage (from our corporate massage therapist)
- Flexible working
- Bonus holiday on your birthday
- Training / book allowance
- Access to excellent coffee, our sweetie jars and a well-stocked beer fridge
- Friday breakfast rolls on us
- Endless supply of Tunnock’s and Irn Bru
This is a full-time, permanent role. You’ll be based in our Glasgow Bath Street office. To apply please send your CV, a nice covering letter, and your portfolio or examples of your work to email@example.com with ‘Front end ninja’ in the subject line by 10th December 2018.
We look forward to meeting you!
If this role doesn’t tickle your fancy, have a look at our other vacancies: