We’re looking for a Head of Design
As Head of Design at ID, you will be head first and hands on in devising and delivering a range of creatively brilliant, carefully crafted work, across campaigns, branding, and digital projects.
We’re looking for someone who can bring ideas to life, no matter the canvas; not just a web or print designer, or the ultimate finisher with epic Photoshop and Illustrator skills … you must be a thinker too. Someone who can nail a creative platform that works anywhere. Someone who has and loves big ideas and who makes them happen, taking everyone in the room with them – clients and colleagues!
Reporting directly to our Joint MDs, David and Lianne, this is a key strategic role within ID as we focus on growing our creative offering, broadening our client roster and offering outstanding creative and idea-led work. You will be the driving force behind our creative expansion whilst also leading and motivating the design team.
You’ll be responsible for the overall quality of our design output and will work as part of Team ID to create work that doesn’t only look amazing, but complements our awesome techy skills and aligns with our clients’ needs.
And that’s just the superpowers part … but with great power, comes great responsibility and it’s everyone at ID’s responsibility to make working here fun and enjoyable. We care about our culture, we care about Team ID so if you aren’t a team player then your superpowers are no good here, no matter how super they are.
Still interested? Sweet! Keep reading for more about the role…
We’re looking for someone to:
- Contribute to the overall creative and strategic direction of ID, as a member of the leadership team
- Create and oversee all design work to come out of the studio – which includes websites, campaigns (on and offline) and branding
- Attend (and help lead) briefing meetings and workshops with our Client Services team to understand the clients wants and needs
- Present creative work to clients
- Be part of the pitch process – working up and presenting creative to potential clients
- Get heavily involved in idea generation, so that we can continue to support our clients with fresh new work
- Help us shape the ID brand and get involved creatively in our own brand and marketing
The ideal candidate would:
- Have extensive agency-side experience
- Be experienced and motivated – we’re on the up and we need you to help catapult us further!
- Be a confident communicator – as you’ll be spending time with our lovely clients and hosting meetings and workshops
- Be a self-starter with a point of view
- Have experience of both graphic and digital design
Bonus points if you’ve got any of this to offer:
- Slick photography skills
- Super-duper retouching skills
- Understanding of UX/UI design
Perks and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer some ace agency benefits, which include:
- A generous enhanced pension contribution
- Profit share
- Private medical cover
- Monthly desk massage (from our corporate massage therapist)
- Flexible working
- Bonus holiday on your birthday
- Training / book allowance
- Access all areas to coffee, sweetie jars and beer fridges
- Endless supply of Tunnock’s
- This is a full-time, permanent role
- You’ll be based in our Glasgow Bath Street office
- Salary is dependent on experience
To apply please send your CV, a nice covering letter and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Head of Design’ in the subject line by May 14th 2018.
We look forward to meeting you!