We’re Investors in Young People Accredited!
We have recently become Investors in Young People (IIYP) accredited! IIYP are a good practice framework which supports organisations to attract, develop and retain young people within their business.
IIYP believe recruiting and developing young people is a fantastic way to create more productive and dynamic workforce and we couldn’t agree more.
IIYP Scotland came into the office recently and interviewed us about how we attract and look after our young people. After one to one interviews were completed, Nicola Dillon from IIYP said she was impressed with our open and supportive culture which encourages everyone, including young people, to develop personally and to contribute to the success of the organisation
We believe attracting, developing and retaining young people is an incredibly important part of business growth and we are thrilled to have been given this accreditation.
Below are just some of the reasons we believe you should employ this mindset into your business:
- They are fresh and energetic! Young people tend to push themselves to excel and this can have positive effects for those around them, giving a fresh sense of enthusiasm to the rest of the workforce through pure determination.
- They have grown up in the digital era and are very sociable therefore quick, innovative and effective communication comes second nature to them!
- They can help develop your workforce, young people need guidance and this allows their seniors to develop training and management skills as a result.
- They are mouldable! Although they may lack experience of an older person, this allows you to build the employees you want them to be.
- Young people want to learn and grow with you ! In a study by Kenan Flagler Business School they found that 52% of young people said opportunities for career progression made an employer attractive. 65% said the opportunity for personal development was the most influential factor of their current job and 22% saw training and development as the most valued benefit from an employer.
For more information on on IIYP click here